WELCOME TO OUR WEBSITE
CLUB NOTICE BOARD [Updated 08/01/19]
Happy New Year to all West Tyrone Ramblers and Friends! Looking forward to another year of great walks!!
Next 2 Walks
Sunday 13th January 2019 – Glengawn to Mullaghcarn OS13
Saturday 19th January 2019 – Crocknakerrferty to Mullaghcarn OS13
On Sunday 13th January the walk will start from the car park at the top of Glengawna Rd. The first part of the walk is along a track, then through forest and on to open mountain towards the top of Mullaghcarn. For the last part the terrain is quite rough and wet. The descent will be over track and road.
The second walk on Saturday 19th January approaches Mullaghcarn from the southern side, starting along a track which leads to Crocknakerrferty mountain. Leaving the track the rest of the walk is across open mountain to the top of Mullaghcarn.
Both walks are Grade B, each lasting about 4 hours. Boots, gaiters and poles recommended.
AGM – Silverbirch Hotel @ 7pm – Friday 2 November 2018 Read Report
UFRC AGM – Saturday 13 October 2018 Read Report
Recent Walk Reports
1. Necarne Forest Park, Co Fermanagh, Sat 22 Dec 2018 Read Report
2. Gosford Forest Park, Co Armagh. Sat 10 Nov 2018 Read Report
3. Dooish, Derryveagh Mts, Co Donegal Sat 29 Sept 2018. Read Report
4. Newry Canal Towpath, Portadown to Scarva. Sat 15 Sept 2018 Read Report
5. Tollymore Forest, Co Down, Sunday 26 August 2018. Read Report
For planned walks between now and March 2019 – see Programme